Shredded newspapers make excellent garden mulch, either worked well into the
soil or spread heavily on the surface between shrubs and plants.

Before nailing a picture frame to a wall, put a piece of tape on the spot where the
nail is going. This will prevent the wall board or plaster from cracking.

Facts about Mold:

Should I use bleach to clean up mold?

The key to mold control is moisture control.
Scrub mold off hard surfaces with detergent and water, and dry completely.
Fix plumbing leaks and other water problems as soon as possible.  Dry all items
completely.
Absorbent or porous materials, such as ceiling tiles and carpet, may have to be
thrown away if they become moldy.  Mold can grow on or fill in the empty
spaces and crevices of porous materials, so the mold may be difficult or
impossible to remove completely.

Avoid exposing yourself or others to mold (see discussions: What to Wear When
Cleaning Moldy Areas and Hidden Mold).

Do not paint or caulk moldy surfaces.  Clean up the mold and dry the surfaces
before painting.  Paint applied over moldy surfaces is likely to peel.

If you are unsure about how to clean an item, or if the item is expensive or of
sentimental value, you may wish to consult a specialist.  Specialists in furniture
repair, restoration, painting, art restoration and conservation, carpet and rug
cleaning, water damage, and fire or water restoration are commonly listed in
phone books.  Be sure to ask for and check references.  Look for specialists who
are affiliated with professional organizations.
Should I use bleach?

Biocides are substances that can destroy living organisms. The use of a chemical
or biocide that kills organisms such as mold (chlorine bleach, for example) is not
recommended as a routine practice during mold cleanup. There may be instances,
however, when professional judgment may indicate its use (for example, when
immune-compromised individuals are present). In most cases, it is not possible
or desirable to sterilize an area; a background level of mold spores will remain -
these spores will not grow if the moisture problem has been resolved. If you
choose to use disinfectants or biocides, always ventilate the area and exhaust the
air to the outdoors. Never mix chlorine bleach solution with other cleaning
solutions or detergents that contain ammonia because toxic fumes could be
produced.

Please note: Dead mold may still cause allergic reactions in some people, so it is
not enough to simply kill the mold, it must also be removed.